Back pain is very common problem these days. It is a very common reason to visit doctor and is persistent in all age groups. Poor sitting posture, wrong sleeping positions, taking stress and restless lifestyles play a central role in giving you backache. The lack of suppleness of the back which contributes to the lower back ailments increases as the age increases.
To resolve this problem, start practising yoga for back pain. Multiple studies have shown the power of the ancient and time proven practice of yoga, which give emphasis to stretching, strength, and flexibility to reduce backache. Any kind of grievance or syndrome of discs in lower back, muscles and ligaments can cause backache.
The risk of lower back injury is higher in people who are obese, who have a bad posture. Almost everybody will experience lower back pain once in their life time. Due to a poor diet and lack of exercise this risk can increase by the day. Relieving lower back pain with Yoga is the best option. Now we will discuss the 4 yoga poses for back pain.
1. The spine lengthening
- Sit comfortably on yoga mat. Breathe in and leisurely lift your arms up from the sides.
- Interlock your fingers such that the thumbs touch each other.
- Keep your elbows in a straight line and make certain that your biceps touch your ears. Stretch yourself as much as possible
- Hold this posture for 2-3 long deep breaths.
2. Stretching spine forward and backward
- Sit down comfortably while breathing out and stretch your hands out in the front.
- Stretch forward from your lower back while breathing in.
- Turn to your right side. Make sure that both the hands are in parallel and stretched equally.
- Breathing in, return to the center.
- Exhale and repeat the stretch in left direction.
- Return to the center as you breathe in, and slowly bring your arms up.
- Unlock the fingers and stretch back.
- Breathe in and come back to the center. As you breathe out, gradually bring your arms down from the sides.
3. Twisting spine
- Keep your left palm on your right knee. Take a deep breath in and as you breathe out, slowly twist to your right side.
- Extend upward by pressing the right palm on the floor. Do not lean back or forward.
- Breathe in and return to the center.
- Breathe out and repeat in the same way on the left side. Keep in mind that your back should be straight.
- Inhale, return to the center.
- Alter your cross-legged position. If your right leg was placed over the left, now place the left leg over the right and repeat the stretch as explained above to the right and left sides.
4. Cow Face pose
- Put your left leg under your right leg.
- Pile the knees, while keeping both sit bones on the ground. Put the toes in to defend the knees. Sit in the pose for as much time as you can.
- When the muscles start to loosen and you no longer feel a stretch, fold forward with a straight spine
These are the 4 most effective yoga poses for reliving back pain. Practising them regularly will surely help you to bring your back in shape so that you can live happy and healthy life.
Practising yoga is the ancient way of making your body healthy. It has the solution to all diseases in human body.Did you find the article helpful? Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions in the Comments below or shoot an email to "tips at healthyandstylish.com"