If you are having autoimmune diseases like psoriasis and celiac, your doctor would perhaps prescribe you gluten free diet. But does going gluten free for psoriasis help you to a considerable extent? Well, at least most of the researches taken up at various places do insist on this.
Researches on Gluten Affecting Skin
• It is seen that in wheat there is a substance found Gliadin. This triggers gluten sensitivity in the person.
• Also, people who drink too much of beer can have this issue because beer has barley and this can also trigger gluten sensitivity in some people.
How to Ensure a Gluten Free Diet?
If you want to opt for gluten free diet then that means you must have a diet that is free form barley, rye and wheat. So, there would be no bread, cookies, and crackers for you. You can’t even have beer. The person who opts for gluten free diet will also have to keep away from soy sauce and licorice.
When you have Psoriasis and you have thought of gluten free diet for psoriasis then you must check out on the package that whether the food is really gluten free. If the package doesn’t mention gluten free diet, it means that it has some amount of ingredients in the same that would have gluten. So, just be sure that you are quite specific on this without any compromise. For those who decide to go on gluten free diet for psoriasis, even smaller traces of gluten in diet can trigger the symptoms. The symptoms would be red patches on skin, itchiness and irritation on skin. If you have been looking for some gluten free food grains then you must know that quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat would be apt for you.
Benefits of Gluten Free Diet for Psoriasis
1. It is true that gluten free diet also help in losing weight. But then only this might not help. If you are all healthy and have been looking forward for gluten free diet only for weight loss then reduce on high fat dairy products and avoid lean meat completely.
2. If you opt for gluten free diet you would come up with many options and some of them would include things like almond flour.
3. Of course, the biggest benefit of gluten free diet is control of the symptoms of psoriasis. Also, it would help in general well-being.
4. Gluten free diet benefits to skin as a whole and you can even keep away from acne. Often acne can be quite irritating and with this natural remedy, you can keep that under control.
But when you are on a gluten free diet, you are actually missing some of the important things in your diet. In that case, you must make sure that you eat right and try to include lots of nutrients in your diet by way of healthy soups and salads. This is because; if you don’t do that you would become weaker. Enjoy gluten free diet but follow the way carefully.