The humble and crunchy cucumber is an excellent vegetable which is good to taste as well as for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is said that cucumber is India and it’s cultivation is being taken place since ages. It belongs to the same botanical family as the squashes and melons. Cucumber is considered as extremely healthy as it rich in fiber and low in calories. Cucumber is loaded with essential nutrients including manganese, beta-carotene and vitamin C. Cucumber is a vital ingredient of salads and is the best thing to eat during summers. Using Cucumber for hair growth is not the only benefit, it also helps in maintaining good health and for improving the quality of hair and for keeping it strong and nourished.
Advantages of Cucumber for Hair Growth:
Munch on this yummy vegetable and read below some of it’s wonderful benefits:
1) Strengthens hair
Most of the people complain about the problem of weak and dry . When hair isn’t nourished properly, it becomes dull and weak. This leads to split ends and hair fall. But you don’t need to worry anymore. Cucumber is the best ingredient for providing nourishment to your hair as well as for keeping it strong. Most of the hair products have cucumber as it is known for its strengthening properties.
2) Hair growth
Cucumber stimulates hair growth and enhances the appearance of your hair. Cucumber is loaded with essential nutrients like phosphorus, calcium, silicon, sulfur sodium which are very vital for hair growth. It also reduces thinning of hair.
3) Prevents Hair fall
Hair fall is a very common and it can be extremely frustrating. The various products in the market are loaded with chemicals that damage your hair instead of enhancing it’s quality. Utilizing cucumber is the best and natural way to control as well as prevent hair fall. Next time you face the problem of hair fall, instead of using various harmful products, simply drink a glass of fresh cucumber juice.
You can prepare a Hair mask by following these simple steps
You will require one fourth cup of olive oil, two tablespoons of mayonnaise , one whole egg and half chopped and peeled cucumber.
1. The combination of mayonnaise, egg and olive oil, with cucumber for preparing a hair mask, is very effective in stimulating hair growth. Other ingredients are great sources of vitamins that are beneficial in treating hair loss and make your hair shiny and smooth.
2. Blend all the ingredients by using a blender. . You can also utilize a food processor to do this. If you do not have a food processor or a blender then simply mash the ingredients to turn them into a thick paste.
3. Place the mixture or mask on your hair evenly.
4. Tie your hair and cover it with a plastic bag or cap. This will heat up the mixture.
5. Let the mask get absorbed into your scalp and hair for thirty minutes. Leave it on for longer duration for good results.
6. Wash your hair with cold water. Using a wide-tooth comb, comb your hair and you will find a noticeable change in your hair. Now you have shiny, smooth and manageable hair.
Repeat this twice a month to achieve best results.